Respite Care is care provided as temporary replacement of a live-in caregiver. Our Respite Care program can give you peace of mind to travel, while we care for your family member.
The Suffolk County Office of the Aging has a program that provides payment for short-term respite at Woodhaven Adult Home. Eligible participants may receive up to 7 days of respite care per calendar year paid for by Suffolk County Office of the Aging.
Days of care can be broken up or used for one stay.
Care must be arranged first through the Office of the Aging (631) 853-8200.
They will set up an intake with a caseworker. The caseworker will determine eligibility.
Eligible participants should tour the facility and find out if the days they want are available. Admission requirements for the adult home include:
• Our medical evaluation form completed by primary physician
• Prescriptions for all medications including supplements and OTC for chart
• Mental health evaluation & attachments A&B (if history of mental illness)
• Recent PPD results
Private respite and additional days of care are available for a fee.
Respite participants should bring:
• Clothing marked with care receiver’s name
• Medications and supplements listed on physical
• If desired – television, photos, sealed snacks, pillow